Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Living the Life in Hong Kong.

** SORRY I HAVE TAKEN FOREVER TO POST **

I have now officially been out of the city of Tucson longer than I ever have before, in one given trip. The process of adjusting to a new city, a new culture, and a new lifestyle has really been surreal. We have gotten to the point where it is starting to feel like we are no longer on vacation here, but instead really getting quality time to know the city and to go beyond the "touristy" activities. I want to apologize for not updating my blog in a while, but to me that means I have just been too busy having a wonderful time in Hong Kong. There is really so much to do here and each day really brings a new adventure, all you have to do is hop on the MTR and next thing you know you're finding out something incredible about the city.

When I last left off, I was about to head out on the 100+ person boat/yacht trip with some of the best friends I have made since being here! It ended up being an absolutely incredible day on the ocean- it was so surreal to really conceptualize that I was in the middle of Asia on the South China Sea surrounded by nothing but beautiful water, green mountains, and people enjoying their time on the ocean. It was really an amazing day, we met people from all over the world. Each person has their own unique life story, but some how the common thread seemed to be "Well, I came to Hong Kong on vacation, and either 1. I never left and am still here x years later or 2. I immediately fell in love and moved here as soon as I could." Hong Kong really has a way of capturing you because it is so culturally intriguing, plus it has all the perks of a big business city, plus the feel of a small, peaceful, and tropical island with warm water and hot weather. It is strange, but unbelievable transition, to feel like you are in so many different environments at once. Prior to this trip, I had never EVER considered living outside of the United States on a more permanent basis, but now I know I would be capable of moving and living in a foreign country is now something I would definitely do.

Anyways here are some pictures from the boat:
100 Person Yacht (Apparently the organizer of the boat had to book this an year in advanced)

The boat was complete with slides, diving boards, dance floor, karaoke, card room, and so much more. 

We spent about half of the day on the side of the boat it was a great place to hangout and jump from!

The grouppp! Stanley in the front lives in Hong Kong and he has helped us have an incredible time since being here!

First time wake boarding :))) Even though it took a couple tries,  I got up and it was such an adrenaline rush. 
Long story short, it was one of the most memorable days here in Hong Kong, nothing can replace a day out on the ocean with great friends. 

For Kristen ♥ Rest In Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment